Saturday, October 31, 2009

How many minutes does it take for teeth to shift if you dont wear your retainers?

Im wearing retainers right now and i was just wondering approximately how many minutes it would take for teeth to shift just incase i dont wear them in the day time.
Answer:
I really don't think you have to worry about it too much. When you put the retainer on after after a day, you'll feel how tight the retainer feels. If the retainer feels the same , I imagine they didn't move much. Anyway, the idea is for them to sort of cement themselves in one position.But if there is room for the teeth to shift, they will ,without the support of the retainer. I wore a retainer deligently in my late 20's. Now, 30 years later, my teeth in front, have a space, something I never had before. My teeth moved, because there was a lot of room to move!But they are still straight.
I never wore my retainers, and my upper teeth never shifted. The lower ones did, but only when my wisdom teeth came in crooked.
It's not quick, but if you stop wearing them altogether as I did, they will shift back and it will be annoying in some way. I think it will be OK if you just wear it at night, but don't stop wearing them. I regret doing that and it's awfully expensive to fix it.
it will take a few days for your retainers to move your teeth to a position where they cannot be moved back to the correct position. You will find that if you leave your retainers out for a day or so they will be tight to put back in this is because your teeth have moved, within an hour or so the will no longer be tight as they teeth move back from the pressure casued by the retainers. It is not advised to leave them out on a regular basis. Make sure you wear them the exact times your orthodontist has specified
well it wouldn't shift im minutes but they would shift back to the way they were before you got your braces.
i dont think it can happen in minutes. i wear my retainer not even twice a week and my teeth never move. it all depends on the person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net