Saturday, October 31, 2009

How long does it take for orthodontic braces to close the gaps between the teeth?

I've been in braces since January and my gap in the front-top is just about closed. How much longer do I have to wait?
Answer:
It depends people who are young, there teeth move faster. I'm 18 and i've had braces for 6 months and they have made big difference already! Before my braces on my bottom teeth i had one tooth sitting directly behind one of my other tooth. In those 6 months the braces have sepereted my teeth and aligned the tooth beside them so they are straight!
I have a retainer on my top teeth and i'm supposed to be getting the fixed ones on. The 2nd last time i was up the dentist said it would be another 4 months before i got the top ones on but the last time i went up he was shocked at how fast my teeth were moving and said i'll probably get the top fixed brace within the next month. So really it depends upon the person!
How long did they feel you were going to be in braces?
It is more then just closing the gap they have to make sure your bite grows together as well as it can and you have wonderful alignment.Most braces are 12-36 months. Just call and ask them.
You are paying a nice price for them they should be there for your every question!!
depends also on your age if your young in teens to twenties takes about 1-2 years if your older late twenties and up takes longer up to 3 yrs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net