Sunday, October 25, 2009

How long do I have to worry about clot dislodging after extraction?

I had an extraction and bone graft done Wednesday afternoon, it is now Sunday night, no pain, no discomfort, do I still need to worry about the clot I keep reading about can lead to dry socket if dislodged? Can I be in peace now knowing I'm past that stage or do I need to still be cautious about anything dislodging?
Answer:
You should be ok now. Make sure you rinse your mouth with warm salt water...helps with healing. Try not to gargle really hard if it's still painful. Brush your teeth on the side where they didn't do anything to keep that are clean, until it's comfortable to brush the rest of your teeth. You can brush the treated side lightly to remove some food particles on the tooth surfaces. If there's any food lodged inside the gums and you can't remove it, do not try to pick it out. Try gargling on that area to remove it. Your dentist should've scheduled a follow up check up for you already (this week) so that they can check how you're healing. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net