Sunday, October 25, 2009

How long do i have to have retainers?

I've got fixed braces for 3 years can you tell me how long i will have to wears retainers for after roughly.
Thanx
Answer:
You want to wear them forever!! Continuing use of the retainers will guarantee that your teeth won't move. If you have a bite plate retainer (usually pink with metal loops) then they will also protect your teeth if you ever grind your teeth. You should wear the retainers every night and then eventually you can wear them a few nights a week to make sure they still fit. I would wear them every night for about 2 years. If you are very stressed you can wear them more often because they help save your teeth!
Its normally all the time for the first year then just at night after that.
it just deppends on how your teeth are formed!
The longer the better , that way the teeth will stay straight for u for good.
really...forever...oyu should get the permanent ones on the bottom...then you only have to worry about the top retainers at nitee...thats what i did...trust me...ive had it like this for years... =]
Best to ask your Ortho. But I had braces for 2 1/2 years and wore my retainers day and night for a year. The switch to nightly. I'll have to do this forever if I want to keep my teeth from shifting. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net