Saturday, October 31, 2009

How long will my mouth hurt after i get my braces on?

I get them on tomarrow (June, 8)
Answer:
the third day is the worst.
after that its not really that bad
10 yrs
until you get them off
They won't hurt right after but maybe the next day or a couple hours later after you get them on, they will hurt. It depends how long they'll hurt. Maybe three days tops. Just take motrin and it will make you feel a bit better.
about a week. or two. depending on how tight the orthodontist makes them.
and every time they tighten them, its gonna hurt for a day or two.
2 weeks tops. Just avoid sweets and such, and it won't hurt that much.
depends on what you do with your mouth
For about four days, but then every time you get them tightened it hurts again for about four days
my sis has braces and she got used to them after 2 weeks it mght take longer or shorter u never know?
kelsey q.
within a week
No dont worry! dont listen to the people below! I got them and they only hurt for lyk 1 day and then i got used to them. dont worry at all its not that bad! people just like to make it sound worse than it really is!
Untill you get them off, but you will get used to it.
They are going to hurt like hell the day after. Then give it from 3 days to a week to go away. Take some tylenol or aspirin
When I had my braces, the only time I experienced pain was when I would get them tightened every month. You shouldnt experience excruciating pain, perhaps a little discomfort, and nothing a little bit of orajel cant handle.
general rule of thumb will be 3-5 days. maybe as long as a week since youre just getting them. depends on how tight of a bracket your ortho decides to put on you. it will only be severe, hindering you from eating for the first 2-3 days, and a dull pain there after. then youll have to get your brackets replaced with tighter ones once a month, in which you will not be able to eat hard foods for about a day or two, and then youll be fine. this repeats every month until you have a beautiful smile. =]
for about two weeks then it will start to feel normal. but every time you get an adjustment which is about every 2-3 months they will hurt again for about a day or two. Good luck. They suck but its worth if for a nice smile. just keep them clean and say goodbye to the inside of your jaws. Braces always scratch the inside so get some wax from yoor dentist. that helps.
When i got braces they hurt for the first week and all i ate was pudding. Then every time igot them tightened it hurt for another week. But this is because i have really sensitive teeth. About an hour before you get them take Advil or and form of Ibuprofen so once you get your braces the pain wont arrive. Take Ibuprofen every 4 hours and you should experience a lot less pain.%26lt;3 Erica
It will hurt for a couple weeks. It is not that bad though. Most of my pain was the next couple days. Then I was just tender. You are doing a great thing. It will be well worth it. I would do it all over again if I had to. They will hurt throughout having them, but the pain gets less and less and is very tolerable. Don't worry. I am not going to lie and say it does not hurt because it does. At the same time, everyone has a different threshold of pain. Braces are fun I think. Make sure you take a lot of pictures the next couple years and throughout because you can track your progress. It is fun to look back at them all. Congrats to being on your way to beautiful set of teeth and a wonderful smile!Good luck tomorrow!!
depending on how long you wear your braces! I wore braces for two years and braces gave my mouth canker soars. Just keep your teeth clean and gargle with disinfectant mouth wash
it will hurt for about a week then you can start eating hard foods again. every time they tighten them it hurts for a day or two also.
It really does depend. Your teeth will hurt for about a month, and then every time they are adjusted. The cut, oh those are another story. These hurt, and probably won't go away.Tell your orthodontist to clip the wire at the back. My wire went THROUGH my cheek.
Well it wont hurt much at first. Then about 3-4 hours after you get them it will hurt so be sure to take some tylenol or something after you get them. The pain should only last 1-3 days. Don't worry it will get better! When you go to get them tightened it wont hurt nearly as bad.
Good Luck!
It鈥檚 been a long time since I had braces. You feel it for a few days to a week when they go on and every time they tighten them.More important though is the kind of pain it is. It鈥檚 not that bad, the tips of your teeth are very sensitive, that's the worst part. But overall it鈥檚 just a dull pain not very sharp or annoying. As I think back on it now I remember it as almost a comforting kind of pain. I鈥檓 much older now and have experienced pain that is so much more severe, I remember my braces pain nostalgically.I wish you a beautiful (strait) smile.
A week, at most. Gets better as time goes on, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net