Saturday, October 31, 2009

How long would it take to be able to take my lip ring out? how long can I leave it out for?

I'm getting my lip ring done in August (07) but i'm going to Africa in 2 weeks in december '07 to january 08, i'll be doing AIDS work so I cannot have any facial piercings except for the ears. How long do I have to have my Lip ring in in order to take it out for 2 week without it closing up?? thanks so much guys:)
-hollyy%26lt;3
Answer:
If your only getting your lip pierced in August then it will probably close in those two weeks. It can take up to 1-2 years before you will be able to remove the jewelry for periods longer than a day at a time. Even then you might not be able to take it out for very long. Since you can't have any facial piercings you might want to buy some retainers to wear in place of the piercing. They will hide the piercing but also keep the hole open without it closing.
To take it out for that long it will need to be healed for at least a year or more, even then it would be iffy. Lip piercings (and any oral piercing for that matter) tend to close up very quickly. Would you be able to wear a clear retainer to hide it? They're almost invisible and available at your piercing studio for around $10. You can change the jewelry around the 10-12 week mark. If a retainer isn't an option, I would suggest waiting until you come back to have it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net