Saturday, October 31, 2009

How long does my mouth hurt from a retainer?

Well today i went to get my braces off in the morning. my mouth didnt hurt it just felt weird because im so use to the braces. then i got my later in the day and now my mouth hurts.as long as i dont eat and dont take it out its ok. is it normal for my mouth to be bleeding how long does it hurt for?
Answer:
Your mouth shouldn't be bleeding from a retainer. It's probably poking or rubbing where it shouldn't be- call your ortho in the morning and let them know what's going on so they can see you and adjust it.
How long will your retainer hurt? Well, if it's moving your teeth, probalby about the same amount of time your teeth typically hurt after getting your braces tightened.
Words of wisdom- don't ever stop wearing your retainers! Even once you don't have to wear them all day, or even everyday, you should definitely wear them at night even when you're older. Atleast wear them once a week or so after the first year or two, cuz your teeth can still move! About 4 years after I got my braces off, I stopped wearing my retainer and after a few months, they didn't fit anymore:o( Now I need braces again. grr
The pain should subside within 24 hours. Keep wearing those retainers as directed by your Orthodontist. Bleeding is common for the first couple of days because the tissue maybe swollen or aggravated by the removal of the braces. Get an appointment with your regular dentist as soon as possible to get a really good cleaning now that all that hardware is off, and that will also get the gums back in order quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net