Sunday, October 25, 2009

How does the ortho remove braces?

im getting them off in 3 weeks, how do they do it
Answer:
they remove the rubber bands, then the wire connecting them all, then the metal bands on your 4 back teeth, then each bracket, then pick off all the cement off your teeth. it will feel VERY weird once you get them removed.
i think they just pull it off and then they drill your bracemarks dont worry its not like a cavity it DOSENT hurt at all
The orthodontist has a special tool that allows them to just pop the brackets off one by one (after they remove all the rubber bands and wires, of course). It doesn鈥檛 hurt, but it can be pretty startling when some of them finally pop off. After that, they have a little drill they use to grind off the rest of the orthodontic glue/cement, and then you鈥檙e pretty much done. The bands that are on your back teeth will probably be popped off as well, but those are a lot harder to get off, and are a lot more startling when they come off.
Hey! Anyways, Congrats on you getting your braces taken off!! I am 12 years old and I have had mine on for 2 years and today I got mine off. What my ortho. did was, she put a Napkin/Cloth in certain parts of my mouth where she was taking my braces off at and told me to bite on it while she pulled the brackets %26 wire off. That part does not hurt at all! Then after she did that she proceeded to wipe the glue off of my teeth. It felt a little bit uncomfortable but still it didnt hurt. After that they will put this gooey stuff on a metal looking retainer thing and put it in your mouth and tell you to bite down a little bit but not too much..That will hurt a little bit but nothing worth crying over. The reason that hurts **A little bit** is because they hold it in there for about 40 seconds and it presses against the bone in the back of your mouth, towards your tonsil. And that pain goes away VERY soon. So overall the pain was %5 It wasnt bad at all! And it will only last a couple of minutes so, congratz again! And if you need to know anything else than just ask! Oh yeah. It only took about 20 minutes for everything to get done and now my teeth are all straight...unfortanutly tomorrow I have to go to the dentist to get my cavity filled :( and I dont want a shot to numb my mouth..Even though I probly will have to , I just hate shots. Anyways Bye! Hope my answer helped you!
http://www.braceface.com/bracesoff.htm...That site explains it well, step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net