Sunday, October 25, 2009

How Long Do You Have To Wear Retainers For?

i am getting my retainer in 3 weeks... how long will i have to wear it for?
Answer:
for me the first 3 months all day and night.after 3 months just at night...for the rest of my life.
im not kidding by the way. anyways, not a biggie if you get invasalign. its really hard to see them. lol
Unfortunately...forever if you want your teeth to stay the way they are. You'll want to wear it all the time for at least the first six months, then try just wearing it to bed. I had braces and was a dental hyg in the Army. I lost my retainer years ago and my teeth have shifted quite a bit.
I know it sounds like a drag but I just felt lucky to have had the braces at all. Wish I had never lost it. I would need braces all over again at this point.
Stick with it!!
I wore them day and night for 18 months. Then nightly forever or as long as I want to keep them from shifting, lol. =)
wear it for as long as your ortho advises you to.
get ready..for a long time. Day and night probably for a few months. I had braces for 4yrs. I had them taken off 11yrs ago and still have to wear them periodically to keep my teeth "perfect." KEEP UP WITH YOUR RETAINERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net