Sunday, October 25, 2009

How long can I expect my gums to be tender and swollen after I had two teeth pulled?

I am not running a fever and it does not look bad but it is very tender and my gum is swollen. My cheek is very tender. I am scared..
Answer:
It can vary from patient-to-patient, depending on1. how high your pain threshold is
2. how difficult the extraction was...the more difficult is was for the dentist, the more tenderness/swelling
3. does the area feel like it has any sharp points when you run your finger in the area? the dentist may have left bone spicules in the area, which can hurt (especially if you wear a denture)It's a good sign that you don't have a fever, but I would strongly urge you to get a consult from your dentist. We often get phone calls about post-operative pain and swelling and I would DEFINITELY like to hear from those patients, rather than them suffering through the pain.
I was drugged up on ibuprofen for about 9 days after i had one pulled it was december and i was in belgium and was very cold but so it felt more painful than i'd suppose it would normally. Plus i'm a wimp lol so i'd say about 5-7 days

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net