Sunday, October 25, 2009

How long after having wisdom and or molars pulled should one be eating solid food?

I have extreme pain between eating that I medicate with 4 Motrin every 6 hours for now and I have to keep my gums silent to keep it toned down. How long before I won't have to do that and would stopping the chewing of food help? I know I need to eat. Should I grind up all my food for a while? It has been 8 days from time #32 molar was pulled and 4 days since #31 molar was pulled. I was on amoxicillan 1800mg per day 7 days prior to and immediately after the wisdom tooth removed and I am on pennicillan 2000mg per day for 5 days following molar removal. Needless to say it has been a very painful experience! I just want these wounds to heal and get past this. Been keeping the area clean and rinsing/ mild brushing with mild salt water several times a day including after eating. Any advice? Unmedicated, the pain is excruciating!
Answer:
I would book a follow-up and see how things are healing. I had 4 taken out about 2 weeks ago. I started slowly eating solids in about 5 or 6 days. Now fully solid like regular. The pain fully subsided in about 5-6 days. If you are still in pain, I would see them again. It could be a dry socket or another infection. Good luck!
definately let the Dentist or oral surgeon know what is going on, sounds like you may have a strong infection-and a different antibiotic is needed. I've had 2 wisdoms pulled and was back to normal in about 3 days-although a little sensitive,but certainly not in any pain after 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net