Saturday, October 31, 2009

How long until my mouth gets better after a tooth extraction?

i had a back tooth out 13 days ago + 5 fillings. but the pain is still really bad. at the time the swelling on that side of my face was quite bad, that has gone down now but my face still hurts to the touch and it is sore especially when i eat. i'm still taking painkillers regularly but i feel like i've been taking them for too long!! when will it get better? is this normal or could it be infected?
Answer:
I would be worried if it was still bothering me after nearly two weeks when I had one out I don't remember it bothering me beyond 2-3 days but they were both baby teeth in my case
If it was a molar then it seems more likely that pain would be prolongedIf you were prescribed painkillers for this long then fine otherwise I would phone up the dentists surgery just to inquire and maybe get an appointment depending on what they said
Soon.
Sounds infected to me. Go back to the dentist and they can prescribe antibiotics, take them for about 5 days and you will be fine.
Must have been a bit of an extraction.Usually nearly healed in 7 days.My dentist usually puts me on a weeks course of anti biotic after an extraction so as to avoid infection.If no better go backin the next couple of days.. Else you will have to wait till after the week end.
just take pain killers it worked for me
try rinsing your mouth with some warm water and salt, it tastes nasty but you'll feel better. Also the pain should go away in a couple of days, if it hurts when u bite down i'd urge you to go see your dentist. Sometimes the dentist has trouble finding the right high for the filling and that will cause you pain when u bite. If thats the problem all he has to do is shave the filling down a bit and it will make a world of a difference.I hope u feel better, take care and get some rest. I hope he used white fillings on you, because metal fillings are bad. If you'd like you can add me as a friend http://www.myspace.com/lubbylues.
If after the extraction you ethier, drank alchohol, rinsed out you mouth,smoked or spat out then it could be infected
The same happened to me last Xmas, I was in agony, so I feel for you !My advice, go straight back to dentist asap, I did and they told me I had an infection... it was nothing I did.. just one of those things unfortunately.
I waited 3 weeks and ended up with blood poisioning, so best to get it checked out.Is is still bleeding at all? If so, go now!The dentist gave me a prescription mouthwash to use also, that helped kill the infection and my pain went within a few days.Hope you are better soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net