Saturday, October 31, 2009

How long does a cavity have to be there before they need to extract the tooth?

I've got a cavity in one of my back molars and have arranged an emergency appointment with my dentist this week. the thing is I think it's quite large as it's visible but I don't have tooth ache. I've been putting it off because I hate the dentist (so so so stupid i know...so please don't tell me again!!) do you think they're going to have to extract the tooth?
Answer:
More than likely that tooth will have to go. Pain is only an indication when the infection can't find a way out. We have seen people with rotted teeth to the gumline, or broken off at the gumline and no pain, I can't explain why there is no pain. If you have a visible hole and have had it for a while...I think you already know, bacteria and decay just sit in there and rot out the existing tooth structure that is left. Have the tooth extracted, you could get lucky and find out that the cavity isn't that bad, but the longer you wait the less chance the outcome will be in your favor. Find a new dentist if you are not happy with the one you have now.
if they need to pull the tooth, u really need to go to the dentist more
Until the pain is more then you can handle, then the tooth has to go
until the dentist says so.
It's got to be pretty bad. You might be looking at a root canal / crown if it's big.
the cavity can be there for years! my motto is if it doesn't hurt don't go to the dentist!i think they are rip-offs i know so many people who have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on their teeth and then lost them anyway as they got older.
probaly but they might be able to fill it with metal! or a silicone based serum!
Honestly, the dentist will have to determine this. I have had a few very large cavities...and they were able to salvage the tooth. But, it depends on how large the cavity is and how much damage the tooth has taken (will it be able to support a filling...will you be able to use the tooth after it is reconstructed, and can it be reconstructe, will be the questions). I have had good and bad dentists in my life. Find yourself a good one. They are worth it. Seriously.
There is nothing to fear about going to the dentist in this day and age, when the needles in the pain stops, My father had all his teeth removed without anaesthetic in the 1930's. I too had a wisdom tooth removed without painkilling injections, now THAT hurts, Also bad teeth can poison your system so the longer you put off going to the dentist the worse the problem becomes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net