Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How many years do you have to wear the braces / retainer?

does it has to be 2 years (braces)? what about retainer?
Answer:
It really depends on how bad you teeth are. I have had mine on for over 3 years (should be getting them off soon!), but my friend had hers for only 2 years. If your getting them don't worry its not as bad as everyone says! The only reason I have had mine on this long is because I had to have teeth pulled! The retainer is a life long thing, if you don't wair it your teeth could go back to being crooked again. Not fun!! Hope this helps :)
Depends on the severity of your teeth.2 yrs is usually minimum.
It has to be whatever your orthadontist tells you. It might change depending on how well or how bad your teeth are doing.
The orthodontist will give you a time frame with your treatment . I was told i will need braces 4 2 years and the retaines long term. I would like it long term so i dont get the overcrowded teeth back . I hope u feel the same way.
As far as I know, every person needs to have braces for a different amount of years, depending on how bad their bite is.
As for the retainer, I once read that you should wear it until you are 35, because after that your teeth don't shift anymore (you really don't grow anymore after that--that's why it's important to take calcium until you are 35).
My orthodontist also tweaks the retainer (I wear a regular retainer) whenever I go to him (like once every year or two) to form the teeth into the best bite possible; but not every orthodontist does this.
You can ask your orthodontist how many years he thinks you should wear it.
i have braces now you have to wear them for 1-2 1/2 years depends on how fast your teeth mover retainer is 1 1/2 TOPS :)
Because of overcrowding,a slight over bite and a few crooked teeth i have to wear braces for 27 months and retainers for 2 years.The typical time is 2 years both, but i know people who have had it less and more. I have a friend that got it for a year and my friends brother had braces for 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How long does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net